Help Save Newport National Park Visitor and Information Centre
- The National Park propose to close Newport (Pembs) Visitor and Information Centre and sell the building
- The Newport Visitor Centre costs only 4% of the National Park’s expenditure on its five Centres – very little compared with the others - but Newport attracted 13% of those Centres’ total footfall last year
- It punches well above its weight: Newport Visitor Centre was top in the whole of Wales in a survey for Visit Wales
- The consultation and proposed closure was first publicised on October 5th - with little notice of, or time for, public consultation
- Public Consultation took place in a public meeting in Newport Memorial Hall on Tuesday 18th October. About 50 people attended - many thanks to all! See our report here. You can also click here to view the presentation (nb - large file!) given by James Parkin (Director of Delivery and Discovery)
- Tegryn Jones stated at the meeting that the plans were not financially driven. So why close the Newport Centre until alternative delivery methods have been tried and proven to work?
Your views must be received by the National Park no later than 31st October.
Time is short - the final decision will, we understand, be taken in November.
If you are willing to help or have a question, please email Reg Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org